Job title: Personal Injury Solicitor
Contract length: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 p.a.
PKA Legal has a great opportunity for an experienced and driven solicitor to join our DBS Law office in Birmingham as a Personal Injury Solicitor.
The personal injury department is dedicated to serving injured clients with client care and legal expertise at the heart of what we do. We have a national brand and reputation in the personal injury legal sector, and the person taking on this role will play a big part in guiding the team to provide the service our clients expect to them.
Working under the supervision of our Head of Personal Injury, you will handle your own caseload of personal injury cases, as well as offer supervision to a team made up of solicitors, legal executives, and paralegals.
The role is one that requires a confidence and competence in terms of legal expertise in the field of personal injury, as well as the personal skills and demeanour in managing a team and communicating with clients in line with our dedication to providing excellent client care.
The ideal candidate
- At least three years’ experience as a solicitor working on personal injury claimant cases;
- Litigation experience is essential;
- Some experience in supervising a team;
- Excellent client care skills;
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills;
- Strong administration and coordination skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to communicate calmly, professionally, and effectively at all levels within the firm; and
- Attention to detail.
Candidates will also be expected to show that they are:
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision;
- Able to work in a busy, professional environment;
- Dedicated to excellent client service;
- Proactive in their approach;
- Willing to help assist and develop others for the greater good of the team; and
- A team player who can manage, motivate, and work alongside others.
Roles and responsibilities
- Personal injury claim legal casework
- Supervise a team of solicitors, legal executives, and paralegals
- Report to the Head of Personal Injury and directors, assisting them with tasks where appropriate
About DBS Law
Through DBS Law, we centre everything we do around client service excellence. We believe that by focusing on great client care, we are able to create a professional, friendly environment for our employees that creates a positive culture that benefits everyone.
Over the years, this approach has been recognised by a number of bodies including being the first law firm to receive the Government Cabinet Office’s Customer Service Excellence award. We have also been recognised by:
- Lexcel – Accredited
- Investors in People – Silver award
- Legal 500 – Leading Firm in the West Midlands
- Collaborative – Family lawyer
- The Sunday Times – Top 100 Best Companies To Work For 2012, 2013
- Business in the Community – Big Tick Award 2014
- The Law Society Excellence Awards: Highly Commended, 2013
We offer our staff a range of employee benefits including: private health insurance, dental cover, a monthly contribution towards gym membership, life assurance, death in service cover, and a stakeholder pension.
How to apply
To apply for this role, email your cover letter and CV to Maya Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.